Published on Feb 15, 2018
Join us at our Way Forward event on March 7th, 1-4.15pm at the Humber Royal Hotel, Grimsby
North East Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust are joining forces to host an event where people in North East Lincolnshire can hear ideas about safe, sustainable and quality health, care and wellbeing services for the years ahead.
There will be information about national, regional and local developments in health and care and the CCG will share its commissioning priorities for 2018. Following a challenging 18 months for the local NHS, the Trust will talk about the progress that has been made around improving quality, performance, finance and emergency care at Grimsby and Scunthorpe Hospitals.
This is the third Way Forward event and it will feature a mixture of presentations and discussion groups which will be led by senior members of each organisation.
There will be the option to choose from a number of discussion groups to attend including:
- Carers’ support services - we will share results from the consultation on local carers support services and telecare services, discuss our plans and hear your views and feedback.
- Social Prescribing - aims to improve health and wellbeing for people with certain long-term health conditions. This new service will be launched in April this year. We are keen to share our developing plans and take on board your feedback.
- Hospital services - join our consultants Mr Bellini Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT); Mr Thomas, Urology; and clinician from Haematology. We will provide an update on the latest developments for these services, discuss our future plans and hear your views.
- GP Services Extended Access – Extended Access is being rolled out nationally. Help us understand better the needs for extended access in primary care locally and help further shape our plans.
- Urgent Care - we will discuss current activities and plans for urgent care in NEL in the context of severe pressures on the NHS locally and nationally. Specifically focussing on the development of an Urgent Treatment Centre for North East Lincolnshire.
- Housing Options - join us to discuss what the local authority needs to consider when planning local housing options for people in later life such as design, tenure and housing with care models
There will be a question and answer panel with local NHS health and social care leaders including Dr Peter Reading, NLaG Chief Executive and Dr Peter Melton, CCG Clinical Chief Officer.
“As a local health system, we really enjoy holding these events and believe that they offer a great opportunity for anyone who has an interest in health and social care to attend and find out what is happening locally” explained Mark Webb, chair of NHS North East Lincolnshire CCG. “We would like to hear your opinions and ideas and hope that you will be able to attend. The feedback that we receive from people really impacts how we plan for the future to meet the needs of our local population”.
For people who are unable to attend during the day, there will be a ‘Bite-sized’ version of the event on March 14 from 5pm at Centre 4, Wootton Road, Grimsby.
Please let us know if you would like to attend by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by ringing the engagement team on 0300 3000 567.