Published on Mar 10, 2015
North East Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is hosting the local care home awards, which is the first of its kind in North East Lincolnshire.
The ceremony, set to take place on March 16th 2015 at the Humber Royal Hotel 2:30pm-5:00pm, will see care home staff and local NHS staff come together to present and receive a variety of awards to reward good practice and celebrate the hard work care homes do.
Voted for by members of the public, patients, care home staff and local NHS staff, these awards aim to recognise, encourage and pay tribute to the people and organisations that make a real difference and change lives. Fourteen categories will be announced at the ceremony, each presented by a different guest including the Mayoress of the Borough of North East Lincolnshire.
The CCG has worked with local partners including focus, Care Plus Group, NAViGO, Carers Centre, Alzheimer’s Society, Age UK and NEL Council to make this pioneering awards ceremony come to fruition and hopes that the inaugural success will ensure it becomes a regular annual ceremony.
Jeanette Logan, Service Lead for Older People at the CCG said: “These awards are the aspiration of The Long Term Providers Forum. We received excellent feedback from care homes, services users, families and other stakeholders saying they wanted to change the culture of only seeing negative reports of care homes, and their achievements not being recognised.
“We believe this awards ceremony will help show our appreciation of our care home staff, demonstrate how much they are valued in the local area and emphasise what a fantastic job they do”.
Our care home award catergories are:
1. Care Newcomer Award – Presented by Helen Kirk, Chief Officer, Age UK
2. Nutrition and Eating Well Award- Presented by Caroline Barley, Prevention and wellbeing Manager, NEL Council
3. Care Staff Award - Presented By Dr Peter Melton, Chief Clinical Officer, CCG
4. Meaningful Activity Award - Presented by Christine Wallis, Community Member/end of life board member
5. Training and Staff Development Award - Presented by Christine Forman, Community Care Triangle Representative
6. Dementia Service Award - Presented by Emily Cross, Alzheimer’s society
7. Specialist Adult Care Award - Presented by Angie Dyson, Service Lead CCG
8. Care Home Resident Achievement Award - Presented by Albert Bennett, Older People’s Triangle representative
9. Working in Partnership Award - Presented by Janine Smith, Senior Operational Manager, NAViGO
10. Management and Leadership Award - Presented by Jake Rollin, Assistant Director of Care and Independence, CCG
11. Nurse of the Year - Presented by Karen Dunderdale, Chief Nurse/Deputy Chief Executive, NLAG
12. Carer of the Year - Presented by Mary Morley, Chair of the NEL Carers Forum
13. The Lifetime Achievement Award – Presented by the Mayoress of the Borough of NEL, Mrs Anne Baxter
14. Service Award - Presented by the Mayoress of the Borough of NEL, Mrs Anne Baxter