More information about our Single Point of Access (SPA)
If it’s not a 999 emergency but you need medical help fast, ring the Single Point of Access (SPA) on 01472 256 256
You will receive confidential advice and information over the telephone 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you are ill and have any questions about your health or if you need to see a GP during evening, night time or weekends ring 01472 256 256. You will get through to a team of fully trained call advisers, who are supported by experienced clinicians. They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms and give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you to the right local service.
If they think you need an ambulance, they will send one immediately – just as if you had originally dialled 999.
You should ring 01472 256 256 if:
- You need medical help fast, but it is not a 999 emergency
- You think you need to go to accident and emergency or another NHS urgent care service
- You do not know who to call for medical help or you do not have a GP to call
- You require health information or reassurance about what to do next
- For less urgent health needs, you should still contact your GP in the usual way.
Remember, you just need one number to talk to us about your health, wellbeing and social care needs 24/7, 365 days a year.