North East Lincolnshire Housing Assistance and Disabled Adaptations Policy
We are renewing our Housing Assistance and Disabled Adaptations Policy.
The policy has details of the grants and loans we will offer, to help households in the area. The purpose of these grants and loans are to:
- Enable essential repairs to be carried out on vulnerable owner occupiers’ homes
- Reduce fuel poverty
- Improve access in the home to enable independent living
We believe the proposed changes to the policy are positive and would provide wider and more appropriate assistance and adaptations support to some of the most vulnerable people living in North East Lincolnshire.
This would include:
- opportunities to fund energy efficiency measures for people in rented accommodation
- implementing a leasing scheme to bring empty properties into the rental market
- a more efficient and timely Disabled Facilities Grant process
- improved access to Disabled Facilities Grants
- a more user friendly process with health, care, housing and regeneration teams working more closely together
We want to make sure our policies are fair and clear, and we would like your feedback as part of the review. The final version should be published in September 2019, after it has been submitted to Full Cabinet for approval.
Paper copies of the survey are available in Lincs Inspire libraries and the council’s customer access points.
If you prefer to speak to someone to give your views or ask any questions or prefer a paper copy of the survey posting to you, please ring the Housing Improvement team on 01472 324775 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They can supply the survey in large print.
The closing date for comments on the draft policy is August 18th.