Published on Sep 6, 2018
Health and social care are really important to all of us and there is just one week to go until this must-attend event where you can find out what the local NHS is doing to tackle some of the big challenges and let us know how you think we are doing.
Getting Better Together is happening on Thursday September 13 from 10am – 1pm at the Humber Royal Hotel, Grimsby, DN34 4LX and everyone is welcome.
This summer has seen the NHS celebrate its 70th birthday. Since it was established in July 1946, the NHS has constantly evolved. It is more important than ever it continues to adapt as demand for services grows, local health and care needs change and staffing and financial challenges increase. It’s equally important patients, future patients and their families are involved in how services develop and keep telling us what they think and what they have experienced here in North East Lincolnshire.
So, what’s happening on Thursday?
Find out about what the local NHS is doing to tackle some of the challenges mentioned above:
- Rebuilding the Organisation - Dr Peter Reading, chief executive of Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust (NLaG) will talk about the Trust’s performance and progress
- Hear about about plans for health and social care services, and the latest news on how more GPs are being recruited to the area and how GP services are developing locall
Give your views on future plans using voting handsets so you can easily share your opinions even if you don’t like speaking up, plus find out what other people think in real time!
- How health and care organisations can improve the way we get patients and the public involved in planning and designing services
- Help us to improve the ways our local hospitals communicate with patients about their appointments
- Consider how we can encourage people to think about the future and plan for the health and social care needs so they can stay as independent as possible when they are older or not in good health.
Ask your questions to a panel of local health and care leaders from the CCG, NLaG, focus Adult Social Work, Care Plus and North East Lincolnshire Council.
The meeting will be followed by the CCG’s annual general meeting.
Can’t make that date? Why not join us on Wednesday 19 September 5pm – 7pm at Centre4, Wootton Road, DN33 1HE for our twilight session? To register for either of these meetings please give us a ring on 0300 3000 567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org