Looking After Yourself
We know that finding the right place to go when you become ill or are injured can be confusing. By selecting the right service for your illness or injury, you're not only looking after your health but using your NHS services responsibly and in a way that helps hardworking staff to treat and care for patients appropriately.
Here's how to access the right care, first time where you live.
Supporting you to take the best care of you and your family
We are committed to helping you access the right health and care services when you need them. We also want to make sure you have all the information and advice you need to be able to take postive steps to improve or maintain your own health and wellbeing.
Remember NHS emergency services are under increasing pressure. Did you know 1 out of every 4 people who go to A&E could have either treated themselves for minor illnesses and injuries or been taken care of more appropriately by other local services?
The links below will help you find out more about choosing the most appropriate services and understand better when you can deal with a minor illness or injury yourself, without the need to book an appointment or wait in a queue.
- Feeling Poorly? Find help choosing the most appropriate NHS service in North East Lincolnshire by visiting our urgent care page.
- Find out more about routine family health services such as the services you can find in your GP practice
- For advice and support to help you improve your health and wellbeing, visit our healthy living pages.
- For advice on support to help you live as independently as possible visit our support pages.
- Find out what choices you have as a patient when it comes to where you are treated, visit our patient choices page.
- Care Navigation means people are seen by the health care professional that is best placed to manage their clinical problem. Find out more about it by visiting our Care Navigation page and how patients can benefit from seeing an alternative healthcare professional when this is appropriate.