Subject Access Request
The Data Protection Act 2018 gives living individuals the right to request access to personal records held about them by North East Lincolnshire CCG. You can ask to see what information the CCG holds about you by making a subject access request (SAR). Under the right of subject access, an individual is entitled only to their own personal data, and not to information relating to other people (unless they are acting on behalf of that person)
Before releasing personal date, we will require:
- valid identification in the form of a driving licence, passport etc if you are making the request for yourself,
- written authority from the data subject and/or a valid Power of Attorney if you are making the request on behalf of someone else,
- a clear label for your request (e.g. use ‘subject access request’ as your email subject line or a heading for your letter),
- the date of your request,
- your name (including any aliases, if relevant),
- any other information used by the CCG to identify or distinguish you from other individuals (e.g. customer account number or employee number),
- your up-to-date contact details,
- a comprehensive list of what personal data you want to access, based on what you need,
- any details, relevant dates, or search criteria that will help the organisation identify what you want, and
- how you would like to receive the information (e.g. by email or printed out).
Do not include:
- other information with your request, such as details about a wider customer service complaint,
- a request for all the information the CCG holds on you, unless that is what you want (if the CCG holds a lot of information about you, it could take us longer to respond, or make it more difficult for you to locate the specific information you need in our response), or
- threatening or offensive language.
We will consider each application request in line with the requirements of Data Protection legislation. If the CCG holds the data requested and it is not legally exempt from disclosure we will endeavour to respond to any requests within 21 days.
There is a requirement information must be supplied within 30 calendar days (though this can be extended by up to 60 calendar day in some circumstances). The applicant will be informed of the delay.
Making a request
Subject Access Request must be made in writing to the CCG Governance Team to either the postal or email address below:-
NHS North East Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Town Hall Square
North East Lincolnshire