Single Point of Access
Single Point of Access (SPA)
If it’s not a 999 emergency but you need medical help fast, call the North East Lincolnshire Single Point of Access (SPA) on 01472 256 256. SPA is for people who live in North East Lincolnshire or are registered with a North East Lincolnshire GP.
SPA offers confidential advice and information over the phone 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you are ill and have any questions about your physical or mental health or if you need to see a GP during the evening, night time or weekends then ring 01472 256 256.
You will get through to a team of trained call advisers, who are supported by experienced clinicians. They will ask some questions to assess your symptoms and give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you to the right local service.
If they think you need an ambulance, they will send one immediately – just as if you had originally dialled 999.
You should call 01472 256 256 if:
• You need medical help fast, but it is not a 999 emergency
• You think you need to go to accident and emergency or another NHS urgent care service
• You do not know who to call for medical help or you do not have a GP to call
• You require health information or reassurance about what to do next
• For less urgent health needs, you should still contact your GP in the usual way.
SPA is also for enquiries about adult social care (if you or a relative needs some extra support at home, for example).
You can also use this number in the daytime for general advice and support around your mental wellbeing and during the evening/overnight people can access the Mental Health Crisis Service by calling the same number.
There’s just one number to call
01472 256 256 – “Why not save it in your phone?”