Social care and support guide

If you or someone you know needs help with day-to-day living because of illness or disability, this guide  on the NHS website explains your options and where you can get support.

Support for people with a caring responsibility (Carers)

A carer provides unpaid help or support to someone who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems. The help may be personal, practical, emotional or supervisory, and without it the cared for person would not be able to cope. You may be a single carer, caring for an individual or multiple people, or one of a number of carers supporting an individual/group. Visit our Carers page to find out more.

Adult Social Care

Find out how to access Adult Social Care in North East Lincolnshire and how you can get involved by visiting our Adult Social Care page.

Support for Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Our Local Offer is the place that provides and directs you to information that will support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).

It helps parents, children and young people aged 0 to 25 years find information about specialist and targeted services and activities in North East Lincolnshire. You can find out about the Local Offer by visiting its webpages.

Extra Care Housing

Extra Care Housing (ECH) schemes provide housing with care and support on-site for older people as their needs increase. This on-site support helps them maintain their own home for longer, whilst enjoying a good quality of life. It combines support and independence with safety and security, often meaning people do not have to move as their circumstances change. The support is flexible to respond to individual needs; it can include help with things like cooking meals, personal care (for example washing, getting up or into bed), taking medicine or just getting around. Find out more by visiting our Extra Care Housing page.

Liberty Protection Safeguards

Liberty Protection Safeguards ensure people who cannot consent to their care arrangements in a care home or hospital are protected if those arrangements deprive them of their liberty. Arrangements are assessed to check they are necessary and in the person’s best interests. You can find out more by visiting our Liberty Protection Safeguards page.

Non Emergency Patient Transport

NHS funded Patient Transport Services (PTS) are there to help people get to their hospital appointments when they are too poorly or are physically unable to get there otherwise. Find out about who is eligible and how it is provided by visiting our non emergency patient transport page.

The Herbert Protocol

Nothing is more worrying or distressing than when a loved one or friend goes missing or doesn’t return home when expected.

For people living with or caring for someone with Dementia, this may be quite common. The Herbert Protocol is a national scheme adopted by Humberside Police and other police services across the country. Please visit our Herbert Protocol page to find out how this may help you and what you need to do.

Lasting Power of Attorney

If you lose the ability to make certain decisions for yourself, a lasting power of attorney (LPA) lets people you trust quickly, easily and legally step in. Find out how this may help you and what you need to do by visiting the Government's Lasting Power of Attorney webpages.

Advocacy Services

Health & Social Care processes can be complicated - some of us need a bit of help to make sure our views are heard. Advocates ensure people are involved in decisions about them. You can find out more by visiting our Advocacy Services page.